Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Lincoln Blog

It's February, and that can only mean one thing -- it's Lincoln time. (What? You thought I was going to write something sappy about Valentine's Day?) Next Sunday, we will celebrate Lincoln Sunday, and I will offer this year's Lincoln Sermon, which I hope many of you are looking forward to.

In the meantime, let me give you something to tide you over. For a couple of years, some of my friends have encouraged me to start a Lincoln blog. During that time, I have decided not to, partially because I didn't know if I was up to it, but mostly because there already is one outstanding Lincoln blog (Brian Dirck's excellent A. Lincoln Blog) among lots of other Lincoln blogs and sites (which run the gamut from really good to not).

With the approach of the bicentennial celebration, though, I just couldn't resist any longer. I reserved the address months ago and started developing some search strategies to look for interesting current stories to cover. I also carefully considered the look and content of the blog. While I'm still tinkering a little, I've started posting and invite you to the grand opening of my Lincoln blog: http://lincolniana.blogspot.com. (Lest you think that this is some combination of Lincoln and Indiana, you should know that Lincolniana is a technical term in the Lincoln field.)

If you're interested, stop by for a visit. If you know others who might be interested, pass the link information along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian Dirck is amazing! It's nice to know we actually agree on something.