Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Book Reviews Posted

Since moving to West Virginia, I have become a much more active reader. (This is only partially due to a lack of Internet and mostly due to my making it a priority.) I have decided, using the LibraryThing service (through which I have catalogued my books), to post brief reviews of books I read. Since I read fewer books than I watch movies, I have high hopes of posting reviews of all the books I read (but we'll see).

Anyway, I posted the first batch of reviews today, of the following books:
  • Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson
  • Home to Harmony, by Philip Gulley
  • Parting the Waters: America in the King Years 1954-1963, by Taylor Branch
  • 100 Essential Lincoln Books by Michael Burkhimer
  • Almost History: Close Calls, Plan B's, and Twists of Fate in America's Past, by Roger Bruns
  • Just Shy of Harmony, by Philip Gulley

You can read the reviews here.

No comments: